Permanent Full Time – 38 hours per week
St John’s Community Care Ltd is a peak, non-government community based organisation which provides services to the wider community and plays a vital role in caring for the frail elderly, younger people with disabilities, people with intellectual and psychiatric disabilities, people with special needs and their carers from Brisbane to Thursday Island. The organisation has nine centres across Far North Queensland, with the main office being located in Redlynch, Cairns. St John’s Community Care Ltd is an activity of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia.
The Payroll Officer position is responsible for processing the organisations weekly payroll which includes but is not limited to, processing electronic timesheets using real time information, exporting the data and transposing the data through an excel format tool, then finalising the processing of information using a computerised accounting software MYOB.
Essential skills required:
- Must have or willing to obtain a Federal Police Record check, DSQ Criminal history check and CCYP & CG Blue Card.
- Minimum of three years payroll administrative processing in a medium to large corporation environment.
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast paced environment
- Organisational skills and the ability to set priorities and meet competing deadlines.
- A high level of accuracy when inputting financial data.
- Well-developed organisational skills including the ability to source and track information.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Skills in supporting a team, and working collaboratively as part of that team to achieve outcomes required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MYOB software using all modules.
Desirable skills required:
- Experience with but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger reconciliation and job costing.
Salary Range is $51,000 – $58,000 per annum with salary sacrifice available.
Applications close Tuesday the 19 April 2017.
An Activity of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia